Terms and Conditions for Web Check-In
- Web check-in facility is available for customers with confirmed booking.
- Customers may check-in online within 72 hours until 2 hours prior to the departure
of their flight.
- Customers need to print the copy of the boarding pass post completion of web check-in.
- Web check-in facility is not available for group check-in (i.e more than 9 customers
on a single PNR).
- As per Bureau of Civil Aviation regulations, all customers would have to get their
photo identification checked and boarding pass stamped at the Check-in counter before
proceeding for security check.
- Web checked-in customers should report at the airport at least 45 minutes prior
to the departure time.
- While web check-in is recommended for customers with cabin baggage, customers with
check-in baggage may also check-in online. However to avoid last minute rush customers
are requested to report at least 60 minutes prior the departure time to get their
bags checked-in. Customers can contact the check-in supervisor for further assistance.
- Please note that our Check-in counters will close 45 minutes prior to the departure
time. Customers must report sufficiently in advance, to avoid missing the flight
or any inconvenience.
- Boarding gate will close 25 minutes prior to the departure of the flight.
- Free baggage allowance in economy class is now revised to 15kg per person w.e.f from 11th June 2013.
- Excess baggage can be pre-purchased at attractive rates on www.GoAir.in at the time of booking or any time before travel.
- Any additional kg outside of the free baggage allowance will be charged at the airport check-in counter at the rate of Rs.250/- per kilo.
- As per BCAS regulation, customers can carry only one piece of hand baggage, the
weight of which should not exceed 7 kg and the size should not exceed 55 cms +
35 cms + 25 cms ( Total 115 cms).
- The following dangerous goods are not permitted to be carried in Your Baggage, whether
it is Your Hand Baggage or Your Hold Baggage:
- Gas cylinders such as deeply refrigerated flammable, non-flammable and poisonous
gases including butane, oxygen, propane, and aqualung cylinders.
- This also includes butane gas (e.g. for use with heated hair appliances) camping
gas, and chef's blow torches.
- Flammable liquids and solids such as lighters or heater fuels, paint and matches.
- Poisons such as insecticides, weed killers, arsenic and cyanide.
- Radioactive material, oxidizing materials, and organic peroxides such as bleaches
and fiberglass repair kits.
- Infectious substances such as bacteria and viruses.
- Corrosives such as mercury, acids, alkalis and wet-cell batteries.
- Firearms and explosives such as handguns, automatic weapons, ammunitions, ammunitions
including blank cartridges, pistol caps, fireworks, flares, smoke canisters and
Exceptions: Firearms and ammunition for hunting and sporting purposes may be accepted
as Checked Baggage. Weapons such as antique firearms, swords, knives and similar
items may be accepted as Checked Baggage. A maximum of 5kgs of ammunition (UN0012
or UN0014) may be carried in Checked Baggage with appropriate paperwork.Passengers
must produce valid documentation showing proof of ownership and legal authority
for the possession of the firearm(s). Without such documentation, firearms WILL
NOT be carried.
In addition to the list of dangerous goods highlighted above, the following articles are not permitted to be carried in the aircraft cabin or the hold:Explosive and Flammable Substances, Explosives and explosive devices, Blasting caps, Detonators and fuses, Replica or imitation explosive material or devices, Mines and other explosive military stores, Fireworks, flares and other pyrotechnics, Grenades, smoke generating canisters or cartridges, Flammable liquids of any kind, Aerosol spray paint, turpentine and paint thinner, Alcoholic beverages exceeding 70% by volume, Chemical and toxic substances, Acids and alkalis,corrosive or bleaching substances, Disabling or incapacitating sprays, Radioactive material, Poisons, infectious or biological hazardous material and Fire extinguishers.
(THIS LIST IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE AND WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ADD ADDITIONAL ITEMS TO THIS LIST FOR SAFETY AND/OR OPERATIONAL REASONS WITHOUT NOTICE.)
- For further information on baggage allowance please refer our Citizen’s Charter-
Baggage Allowance on our web site.
- Customers who have checked-in online and want to modify or cancel their booking,
can do so up to 2 hours prior to departure of their flight by calling us on 092-2322-2111 / 020-2566-2111
or by visiting our Airport Ticketing Office. Once Checked-in, Customers will not
be able to make any changes to their bookings on the website.
- Due to Airport Security Regulations, no cabin baggage is allowed, other than laptop
and digital camera; for flights originating from Leh, Jammu and Srinagar airports.
- Web check-in facility is not available for customers requiring special assistance (wheelchair, customers with Medical conditions, Unaccompanied minors) and customers traveling with infants.
- GoAir has the right to cancel a booking if the booking is found to be made by fraudulent
use of a credit card or any other reason.
- GoAir reserves the right to reseat customers already seated (checked-in using web
check-in) on Emergency exit seats in order to comply with safety regulations.
- If a credit card is used to purchase a ticket, the same would have to be produced
at the time of check-in. If the holder of the credit card is not the customer, then
the customer would have to possess the following:
- A photocopy of both sides of the credit card, which will have to be self attested
by the credit card holder authorizing the use of the credit card for the purchase
of the said ticket; and
- The photocopy should contain the name of the customer traveling, date of journey
and sector on which the journey is made.
- For further information please refer to the Terms and Conditions